Take The Pledge
Eclipse is now launching the Wear Your Sun Protection project.
Our goal is to raise awareness about Skin Cancer and plastic use and the power we have to positively impact Skin Cancer rates as well as our environment.
People are taking a pledge to wear their sun protection as much as possible to minimize Skin Cancer rates, reduce chemical load on their bodies, and minimize their consumption of plastic.
We are asking people around the world to join Eclipse in taking the pledge.
Together we can create big changes in our health & planet by making changes in our everyday lives.
Stats to know:
- Skin Cancer is the most common Cancer in the United States. (American Academy of Dermatology)
- One in five Americans will develop Skin Cancer in the course of a lifetime. (Skin Cancer Foundation)
- Melanoma is the leading cause of Cancer death in young women ages 25-30. (Melanoma Research Foundation)
- Men diagnosed with Melanoma between the ages of 15 and 39 were found to be 55 percent more likely to die from melanoma than females diagnosed with melanoma in the same age group. (American Academy of Dermatology)
- It takes 450 years for plastic beverage bottles to decompose. (National Park Services)
- By 2050 the ocean will contain more plastic by weight than fish. (Ellen MacArthur Foundation)
- We currently recover only five percent of the plastics we produce. (EcoWatch)
I pledge to wear my sun protection as much as possible – today, tomorrow, and everyday.
In the message section type “yes" if you would like news and exclusives.